In the interest of avoiding spam and similar nonsense, the following policies are in place:
- You must register before you can comment.
- The first time you post under a new account, your comment must be approved by a human being. This could take a few hours, possibly even a few days. Be patient. Repeatedly reposting will not accelerate the approval and depending on frequency may be construed as “being a dick” (see below).
- Comments with multiple links, profanity, obscenity, etc. are far more likely to get caught in the spam filter. Due to amount of spam received, this filter is not always checked before it is periodically emptied. If your comment doesn’t appear after a few days, feel free to contact me.
I have only a few reasonable expectations of comments which apply no matter who you are or how you know me:
- Above all, I encourage everyone to follow Wheaton’s Law, which is simply “don’t be a dick.” Be critical if you like, but know that I and I alone draw the line between critical and dickish.
- This is my virtual living room. You are my guest. It is your behavior that determines if you are invited back.